Saturday, October 03, 2026

October 3rd, 2026...always slinging the Halloween CDs...

Greetings and salutations,

As usual, October is the time when I try to sell some Halloween CDs to offset the costs of keeping myself online. I make non-Halloween sales throughout the year, but this is the time of year when I hope to find new fans and people who want to have physical copies of the music I have left. I made 1,000 copies of these CDs, and although they are available for download, I'm a sucker for physical media.

I opened up an Etsy store (here) and, in true October fashion, I'm selling CDs on eBay (I've been on eBay since 1998). The CDs I'm selling are now vintage. I have mass-produced copies of the following CDs (with links to purchase included):
Vintage 1999 Pumpkinland CD - recorded by me for my label, Nobody Records.

Rue Morgue Magazine said:

"Musical director Mark Harvey was motivated to kick start a compilation of truly frightening sounds largely out of his disappointment with the usual mix of cackling witches and rattling chains. 'I wanted something dark, eerie, spooky, mysterious and otherworldly,' he writes in the liner notes that accompany this CD. Pumpkinland is his first shot at your nerves, a throbbing soundscape of ambient noises and ghostly synths based around five musical themes (Swamp, Ghouls, The Pumpkin Patch, Creature). A definite atmos-fear is set, more serious in tone than campy or fun. Still, Pumpkinland would probably work best as the aural counterpart to a thrill ride or Halloween haunt (as was intended) rather than an album to listen to in its own."

Found on eBay here and Etsy here.

Vintage 2000 Rain Station DARK RIDE CD - recorded by Rain Station for Nobody Records

Underground DJ from Haunted Attraction Magazine said:

"Now it is time to run away and join the carnival. "Step right up and see the amazing, the unbelievable, the available for your attraction CD, DARK RIDE by Rain Station." A journey through a veritable midway of new music written for old pretzel rides. The use of sound effects is limited only to those that help create the feel of the piece. The styles of music range widely from Heavy Metal beats through old time Rock and Roll to the almost cutesy Trick Or Treatin'. This nostalgically fun selection, took me back to my early days as a young zombie, heading out on Halloween with the lust for candy in my heart. The CD would be great for line entertainment or a party, with a little bit for every taste and some of the beats are infectious."

Found on eBay here and Etsy here.

Vintage 2003 Fleshrot: Songs from the Dead CD - Various Artists - Nobody Records

The soundtrack to Fleshrot: Tales from the Dead is a companion to the graphic novel. This CD features 13 tracks of music inspired by the book. The music is a combination of edgy and gritty songs and ambient/soundtrack 'HauntScapes' capturing the feel of the art and stories from the pages of the book. Mark Harvey of Nobody Records has written/recorded/produced the album in association with Frightworld Studios. Mark Harvey has been writing and recording music for 41 years. He founded Nobody Records in 1987 at age 18 to promote and release his first LP. He opened Pumpkinland Studios to record various solo and band efforts. In 1999, he released his first Halloween 'HauntScape', Pumpkinland, for use in theme parks, haunted attractions, and by home haunters. His work includes commercials, custom haunt tracks, soundscapes and sound effects. His work has been heard on radio, television and film.

Found on eBay here and Etsy here.

Please support independent music.

Happy Haunting,

Mark Harvey


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Thank you for visiting - Mark Harvey